Yes! As in past seasons, La Mirada Pop Warner is enrolled in the
Heads Up Football program, directed by USA Football, and has
Player Safety Coaches.
All of our head and assistant coaches are Heads Up certified before taking the field.
Mandatory Background Checks
Regardless of qualifications, all coaching candidate (Head & Assistants)
and all board/committee member applicants must complete and pass the
mandatory background checks before being considered for any position.
No confidential data submitted during the application process is maintained by La Mirada Pop Warner or our web hosting providers.
All background check results are kept confidential.
Coaching Qualifications & Requirements
To be eligible for any La Mirada Pop Warner season, coaches must meet the following criteria:
1. Be in good standing with the league
2. Meet minimum age requirements: Head Coach (21); Assistant Coach (18)
3. Review, understand and abide by LMPW Code of Conduct
4. Be currently certified or agree to obtain certifications listed below by position
| Head Coach*|| Assistant Coach|
|USA Football Coaching Cert.|| Current Certification|| Current Certification|
|OEC Head Coaches Clinic|| Attendance Required|| Attendance Recommended|
|USA Football Concussion Training|| Current Certification|| Current Certification|
|First Aid Certification|| Current Certification|| Recommended|
*Additionally, some league experience is preferred to coach in the upper divisions.
5. All coaches (including assistant coaches) must complete coach application online each year.
6. All coaches must complete a background check.
7. Head Coaches must be willing and able to accept the responsibility of controlling actions of his/her staff, player and parents.
All coaches are subject to final approval by La Mirada Pop Warner.
Head Coach Selection Process
The LMPW coaching committee will review all coaching applications, make their initial selections for the head coach openings and then connect these candidates with an independent 3rd party service to perform the required background check.
Selected candidates who pass the background check will be named as head coaches and will need to provided the names of assistant coach and team manager candidates based on the volunteer interests expressed through the player registration process and the remaining coaching volunteer applicant pool.
Approved head coaches will receive badges needed for sideline access.
Assistants (Coaches & Team Managers) Selection Process
The selected head coaches will submit their assistant coach and team manager selections to the coaching committee who will review the candidate list and connect approved candidates with an independent 3rd party service to perform the required background check.
The coaching committee will approve the selected candidates who have completed the online application and pass the mandatory background check will be named as assistant coaches and/or team manager within their respective teams.
Approved assistant coaches and managers will receive badges needed for sideline access.
Registration Requires an Account
To register online, you must:
1. Use an existing or create a new LM Pop Warner online account
2. Activate any newly created online account by accessing the e-mail associated with the account and providing a confirmation linking the account to the e-mail