RULES AND INFORMATION ON CHEER
The following Pop Warner cheerleading rules govern all participants cheering for a Pop Warner football team.
The term cheerleading includes all performing groups (i.e., dance, drill, pep squads, majorettes, etc.). Pop Warner Football provides an opportunity to cheer in an organized, supervised, safety-oriented manner, emphasizing fun for all, and encourages the development of qualities important long after cheering days.
- Introduction to the sport of cheerleading.
- Make new and lasting friendships
- Improve coordination and get exercise
- Builds self confidence and self esteem
- Promotes teamwork and sportsmanship
- Cheer at real football games in HS Stadiums
- Go to JAMZ cheer camp
- Learn cheers and dance routines and how to stunt
- Go to cheer competition and earn medals and trophies
- Meet high school cheerleaders
- Have lots of fun and much, much more
Required Safety Training for Cheer Coaches
La Mirada Pop Warner Cheer Coaches are required to go through several training processes prior to the season starting. Click the icons below for more information on the online training they receive.
YCADA - Certificate of completion required
JAMZ Safety Training - In person training required by all Cheer staff to attend
CDC Concussion Training - Certificate of completion required
Valid CPR and First Aid is required for all Head Coaches plus 1 other staff member per team i
Several mandatory Association and Conference, in person meetings to go over safety protocol and rules
Yearly Background checks are required by all staff volunteers each year